Jobs & Internships
RLM offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. We post job postings here from time to time or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Management and label team for major electronic artist is seeking a digital marketing director/manager to join their team in New York, NY. The role will oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including social media, portals and distribution partners, artist websites, new technology, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach, engagement, revenue, and brand identity.
– Manage creation, build, edits of online properties and streaming properties (including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube/Vevo, Instagram, Soundcloud, Snapchat, Vine, Spotify, Apple Music, Shazam, Pandora, BandsInTown, Songkick, Bandpage, Rovi, Tumblr, email-based campaigns, official website and other sites appropriate to the artist and label)
– Direct and approve creative processes for all internal and external collateral, assets, and builds
– Compile 90-day plans, editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
– Manage larger initiatives coming out of key marketing and distribution partners
– Work with artists’ team to manage all digital content (videos, images, audio, gifs)
– Create, edit and schedule content for all social properties
– Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly strategy and quantifiable targets
– Identify trends and insights within the EDM/dance music digital and social space
– Generate regular (weekly/monthly/quarterly) reports to demonstrate growth across social and web-based channels to rest of team
– Work with outside vendors develop partnership-based campaigns that advance the artist and label brands
– Assess new partners and develop new opportunities
– Brainstorm and manage contests, giveaways, and other digital projects
– Manage email marketing communications for artists throughout projects
– Report on analytics across online properties to artist managers and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth in online engagement
– Manage team members on assets (photo, video, etc) edits/delivery, research, partner outreach, analytics reports, etc.
– Direct/manage relations with independent marketing companies
– Conceptualize and manage delivery of assets for all content-driven promotions
– Manage, analyze and report on performance of digital initiatives
– Work with our internal teams to clear and schedule content as created by artist or label
– 3-6 years in a digital marketing management role
– Experience, knowledge, and passion for dance music
– Bachelor Degree and or equivalent experience
– Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, HTML, CSS
– Advanced level artist relations and/or third party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
– Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
– Experience with all social media properties listed above (including their backends/analytics) and related applications (i.e. – schedugr.am)
– Experience strategizing and executing digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on)
– Strong existing relationships with online partners, especially top tier partners
– Experience securing online coverage and features
– Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
– Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
– Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
– Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
– Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve in a fast pace environment
This position will be responsible for day-to-day tour coordination and artist management support across a roster of artists, with an emphasis on touring advances, artist relations, and in-house marketing. The ideal candidate is motivated towards not only handling the administrative tasks but in building the brand and careers of dance music artists/producers, must have excellent communication and organization skills, and be able to prioritize and multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Prior music industry experience and a passion for/desire to work in dance music is preferred.
• Liaise with promoters regarding both hospitality & production elements of performances
• Work with artist and travel agents to coordinate and/or book all travel.
• Work with production teams to confirm technical specs, SFX, and sound/light/video checks for each performance
• Process all necessary work permits & visas for artist & touring party
– Compile and prepare all information into a detailed itinerary for the artist for every show.
• Manage tour date information and update the artist’s tour calendar and web platforms as dates confirm
• Coordinate marketing and publicity for each artist, strategizing and analyzing marketing efforts
• Design fan data acquisition strategies in forms of show pre-sales, contesting, and giveaways
• Manage and create content for fan emailing used to promote shows, new music, and more – experience with Mailchimp and/or Hive is a plus
• Manage merchandise for artists, overseeing shipments, sales reports, restocking, and working with promoters to set up merchandise sellers
• Follow new technologies, promotional outlets, media partners and music trends, bringing new opportunities to the team
• 1+ years in music management or music related field
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong understanding of social media, tour strategy, marketing tools and trends
• Basic skills with Photoshop and video editing are preferred
• Availability to answer calls/texts/emails from artists on weekends & problem solve in the event touring emergencies emerge
• Fan of dance music with demonstrable knowledge of music business and artists within the genre
The Red Light Management Internship Program is open to qualified and dedicated individuals in Charlottesville, New York City, Atlanta, Nashville, Los Angeles, and London.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through the hands on experience of working in our management offices. This internship offers learning opportunities in the areas of management, tour marketing, publicity, radio and web promotion, graphic and web design, merchandising and tour promotion.
All internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word a must and website and graphic design knowledge preferred. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.apply
Red Light Management’s New York office seeks Intern for the Fall 2016 semester. Exceptional communication, written and organizational skills are required. Proficiency in both PC and Mac systems is a must, including mastery of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of iCal and Numbers and familiarity with dance/EDM music a plus.
Successful candidates should be self-starters, with the ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ability to adapt quickly is essential, as responsibilities vary day-to-day and interns are essential to our business functioning well.
– Basic office duties, including answering phones, filing, scanning, faxing and copying.
– Researching and compiling web trends to advise on innovative content programming and digital media trends that may be applicable to clients on roster.
– Working in tandem with the permanent staff to update artist’s calendars, websites, social media channels and guest lists.
– Data compilation and analysis.
– This internship requires a time commitment of 20+ hrs per week for the duration of the fall semester. Internship is for credit only. Relevant experience and/or coursework in music is a plus.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only current students and NY-based applicants will be considered.apply